For Current Students

Request for Documentation

Student documentation includes items such as official transcripts, certification of graduation for licensure, GPA/rank verification letters and more. Requests for student documentation can be made in person in the Office of Academic Affairs on the fourth floor by filling out a Request for School Documentation Form; alternatively, you can fill out this form, email or fax it to 415.929.6616. Please ensure that you sign your form before submitting it.

Unofficial transcripts and report cards can be printed out online by logging in to your InsidePacific account.

You may elect to either pick up your documentation in Academic Affairs, or have it mailed directly to the individual or group of your choice. Requests are generally processed within 24 hours. Please note that students requesting official transcripts for applications to post-graduate programs should submit the Request for School Documentation Form to Dr. Craig Yarborough, and should also read the Post-Graduate section below. Also note that students with any holds on their university financial accounts may be ineligible to receive copies of their official transcripts.

Academic Affairs processes up to 10 official transcripts free of charge. After that, each transcript costs $5.

Students in the Dental Hygiene or other Pacific programs should go to this page to request your official transcripts.

Reporting Discretionary Days

Download Notification of Use of Discretionary Day(s) form.  Students are given a predeteremined number of discretionary days each year for illness, national boards, job or postgraduate interviews, etc.

Students are required to contact the Office of Academic Affairs promptly of their intent to use a discretionary day so that timely notification can go to course directors and clinic personnel. Please read the policy here.

A discretionary day is normally recognized when students contact the Office of Academic Affairs before 9:00 am on the day of an absence or when other proper written notification has been received. 

Use one of the options listed here to notify Academic Affairs of your intention to use a discretionary day:

  1. Submit a Notification of Use of Discretionary Day(s) form. You can also pick up a copy of this form in our office. Look for the purple form.
  2. Call 415.929.6437. You will need to provide the information listed below. Voicemail is available Monday - Friday, 5:00 pm to 8:00 am and on weekends.
  3. Email Only emails from a dental school email account are acceptable.

All students taking a discretionary day should provide the following information:

  • Name and student ID number (3 digits on class roster)
  • DDS or IDS and Class year
  • Date(s) and times of the discretionary day and date and time of return; half days can be used for events lasting four (4) or fewer hours. 
  • Second- and third year students should also provide the name of your GPL and indicate whether patients have been notified of your absence and whether you have a block or rotation on the day of your absence.

Post-Graduate Applications

Post-graduate applications are managed by Dr. Craig Yarborough. Students applying to post-graduate programs should request a postgraduate informational folder from Dr. Yarborough


Selectives are offered twice a year, in the winter and spring quarters. Third-year DDS and second-year IDS students are required to take one selective during winter quarter; first-year DDS and IDS students and second-year DDS students are required to take two selectives during spring quarter.

Ortho Invisalign Selective is offered to second-year students during their winter/spring quarters and summer/autumn quarters in their third year; first-year IDS students are offered during the winter/spring quarters and summer/autumn in their second year.

Jury Duty

Students who have been called for jury duty are encouraged to defer their service until their next school break. You do not need a letter stating your current enrollment status to do so.

Changing my name or address with the school

Information on your right to privacy

Information on the Right to Privacy Act (FERPA) can be found in the school catalog.

Other Resources


How long does it take for you to process my Request for Documentation?

We do our best to process all requests within 24-48 hours. In the event that your request is delayed beyond a reasonable amount of time due to unforeseen circumstances, we will contact you.

Can someone request my school documentation on my behalf?

Unfortunately, no. Due to privacy compliance, we are unable to process requests filed by anyone but the student the documentation pertains to. This includes siblings, parents, guardians, and spouses. All Requests for Documentation must also be signed by the student or alumni submitting the request. We are unable to process your request unless your form is signed.

I need to make an appointment with Dr. Bender. Who should I talk to?
Dr. Bender

In our experience, many issues that students want to discuss with Dr. Bender can be addressed by carefully reading through the Academic Affairs section of the website, or by talking to Sandra Derian in Academic Affairs. We encourage you to use these resources first before making your appointment.

In the event that you would still like to make an appointment with Dr. Bender, you can stop by the Office of Academic Affairs or email him at

Am I covered with liability insurance when I'm on externship?

No. You will need to apply for your own professional liability coverage. Please visit the ProtectorPlan website to do so.